søndag 7. september 2008

It's gettin hot in here....

I haven been in Betlehem now for almost a week, and i am happy about most of the things.
The apartment is great (Although the washing mascine is currently NOT working aaah), but we have a balcony and a terasse on the roof :-) We use to sit there and have nice conversations or see the sunset. I still haven't seen the sunrise yet, but hopefully one of these days I will wake up early and see the day rising.

"Birgitte i solnedgang"



Very beautifull



Arabic nights...





Job-wise i am doing good as well. There is still not so much to do as the campaigns are starting in october. These days I am working with the organization calendar for 2009, and selecting pictures and editing the text from last years calendar. A couple of days ago I received an email from Ellen at the Y Global (the organisation in Norway "in charge of us") and they wanted me and the others to write an article for the magazine(ooooh my first time publishing something). the topic will be on peace, and our assignement is to find young people we can interview. We will ask them mainly about their personal opinion about peace, and how the conflict is affecting their personal life and surroundings. So very exiting. I will let you know when we finish with the article :)



THE AREA
We are living in a christian area of the city called Beit Sahour. Very quiet (except for the cars..) compared to other places. There are nice a couple of nice restaurants in the area, and the other day we went to THE TENT. It is like a huge tent where you can eat really good food(dangeroulsy good food) and have a drink and smoke the water pipe.


amazingly good lemonade (or a non-alcoholic mojito!!!)




Jerusalem

The other day we went to Jerusalem. It was , to be honest, to hot to be wandering around there. And both me and Martha have been there before, and we will come back again. So we were in no hurry to see all the historic and religious sites...
We just walked around, had a lovely lunch and found the christian church aid in the middle of the arabic old part of the town. There we met a really nice palestinian norwegian woman speaking perfect norwegian.

Melting away in the bus to Jerusalem



"Fitting in" in Jerusalem




Again another marvellous drink. This time fresh-squized granade juice:)






BBQ AT THE YMCA
On friday we were invited to a bbq at the YMCA-office. It was originially a farewell party for a group of young englishmen who had been there for a week. The food was delicious (as always) and the music wonderful, and the company great. I met a couple of people i met when I was here in February, and I also got to know people my age involved in the activities with the YMCA.


A concert with palestinan music.

Rima, one of my co-workers from the area, turned 26. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The Party




Haha, I tried to take a picture of a cat...






BIRTHDAY PARTY
Yesterday we went to the birthday party of Rima, the girl from our office. She is really nice and so are her friends. We got kind of a cultural shock as we expected it to be more conservative and innocent. When we arrive however, the vodka was on the table, the high heals were on, and the girls were next to the girls....A norwegian party so to speak.... :)


Martha and I at the party...



People dancing....




It is really hot here...It must be about 30-40 degrees...huh...
As one of our co-worker said when we were sitting out in the sun...."Girls, you don't get tanned by sitting out here, you get skin cancer"
But I am not complaining...I prefer this to rainy, cold autumn days anytime....




4 kommentarer:

  1. THE CAT FROM HELL!!

    kult med blog saa kan jeg kikke litt innom av og til. Jeg skal til Mexico i Januar for noen mnd, kanskje jeg burde lage en blog au... jepp jepp snakkes, kos deg i heten.

    SvarSlett
  2. hva?skal du til mexico din heldigris? jeg har hatt lyst til aa dra dit lenge.
    men ja du maa foelge med her og kommentere(veldig viktig)

    og du burde lage deg en blogg ja naar du reiser:) da kan jeg foelge med paa din reise.

    SvarSlett
  3. Wow. Livene vaare er veldig forskjellige naa for tida. ;)

    Du er heldig som faar drikke saa mye juice og saant. Jeg begynner aa bli litt desp etter frukt - skal faa kommet meg til et marked saa fort jeg faar sjansen. Vitaminene kaller.

    SvarSlett
  4. Haha ja vi svømmer i jus her. Og god frukt.Og jeg tenkte på det her om dagen. Vi har totalt forskjellige liv. Men akk så spennende:)

    SvarSlett