torsdag 11. september 2008

report from west bank the 11 of september

I am still doing good, still alive and kicking.We are getting into a routine now, espeially with the work at the office.

Martha at the office


Birgitte at the office (disse bildene var ikke arrangert, we are just a happy cheerful group at the office)


ARABIC
I started my arabic lessons this week, and I can already keep up a 25 seconds loong conversation hehe. The teacher is a really crazy, but pedagogic man. He makes us all laugh and smile, and what is more important; TO SPEAK!I will really try to make an effort to learn arabic cause this is really the moment to do it. And i WILL DO IT!

RAMALLAH
A couple of days ago we went to Ramallah. As some of you might know we are in the middle of Ramadaan and the muslim fasting. All muslims sustain from drinking and eating this month from sunrise till sunset, and this can be a bit problematic for hungry foreigners in Ramallah such as myself. It is not really polite to eat or drink in the streets either...So this day I got a "taste" of what fasting here is all about.
The trip was interesting...It was different from Betlehem, more noisy and city-like. But we haven't seen half of what Ramallah has to offer yet...And we have many months left to explore...

Streets of Ramallah


Don't tell Starbucks



The way back home. I would have to say that going TO Ramallah was far more eh...safe...than coming FROM Ramallah. Then again, I understand that they really wanted to come back to their homes and finally eat and drink. After all, the sun was about to set when we drove back.



In the evening we went for dinner, and we ended up eating half of what we had ordered...So we have learned our lesson. So have our stomaches.
After sitting at the restaurant for a while, a little lady came up to us. She was just too cute, and she was laughing and smiling all the time. We ended up playing with her untill she had to leave with her family..Then she came back and gave us a goodbye kiss...aw...





PHONE
No this prepaid-phone card is NOT upside down...it is in hebrew. Do the Israelis really think that hebrew is a world-language? I think not. Fortunately I found the brochure I was given when I bought my Sim-card with a description on how to charge your phone.


THE FOOD
Without any further detalis I have to say that Idoform really IS a friend indeed and in need. I do like the palestinian food, but it seems like it doesn't like me...I guess and hope it will pass eventually...One thing I cannot complain about, however, is the exotic choice of fruits and vegetables.

And look at the tiny little banana...perfect for impatient luch stomaches.

Tomorrow we are going to the dead sea and to Jericho. Hopefully it will not be to hot to take a trip to the mountains either...

2 kommentarer:

  1. Star & Bucks. HAHA! :D

    Hm. Dere er jo skikkelige kontordamer. Her gaar det mest i praktiske ting. :)

    SvarSlett
  2. hoho det er ekte saker det...stars and bucks.

    ja vi jobber foran pcen nesten hele dagen.. :) skal gjøre litt hard physical labour og snart da...

    SvarSlett