mandag 26. januar 2009

Jerusalem

Jerusalem has become one of my favourite cities. There are no beaches, and you'll find more city than nature there. I will never really fit in there with to my scandinavian look, and it is more religious than I could ever apreciate. Still I always find myself escaping to Jerusalem where i can go for sushi, but also sit under an olive tree at haram al sharif. I can go to book shops (and look at the pictures like I used to when I was a kid not having been enrolled at school) or just sit somewhere and look at the people passing by.

I am a bit sad that friends and family have had to turn down the offer to come here. It's dissapointing that I will not be able to see them here, but I also think that it is a dissapointment for them not to be able to get to know either Jerusalem or Bethlehem. Or Jericho, Haifa or Akka etc...Cause it is a really special place, and Jerusalem is a very special city.

Jerusalem




I went there yesterday, and it was such a perfect day. Martha and I walked around in the old city, the weather was nice and it was warmer than usual. I will be going to Jerusalem tomorrow as well to the swimming pool.

A pretty well fed cat



Musician


Jewish couple


Kids playing on top of a roof close to Jaffa gate


Old City


Jaffa gate



2 kommentarer: