mandag 30. mars 2009

Trips around in the holy land part 1

Bike ride to Ahsdod
Like I said in my last post I will use this month to travel to see the places still unknown for me. So far I have together with two friends gotten to know more sites in the area. Last weekend we went by bike to Ashdod. All the way from familar and safe Bet Sahour to unknown Ashdod we went, and I have to say that it was truly a beautiful experience in so many levels. I have to admit that I am quite an unexperienced biker compared to my dutch friend and co-biker. However it went very smoothly the around 100km we biked. Bethlehem and Jerusalem lie quite high compared to the cities by the sea, such as our destination Ashdod. So my childish heart was enjoying the wind in my face while cruising down the hills on my rented bike:)


Weather: PERFECT!

Security: YEP, helmet! (Se pappa, jeg var den ENESTE av oss tre som insisterte på hjelm!)


Company: GREAT!


Area: Beautiful


A happy Biker. We made some pit stops along the way to eat, drink and relax.

Panorama view of the place we made a pit stop.



I felt really good smelling and seeing the spring. We chose the right moment to take this route, we saw spring at its best.




We slept in a Moshav, a village, and it was really nice. We were invited to have dinner with a very cosy family. The father in the family had actually been to Norway, and he was more than willing to show me pictures from his trips.
Sytske and Helene on the way back to the moshav.

The next day we went to Ashdod to reach our destination; the beach in Ashdod. Then it felt like we had really made it, biking to Ashdod:)




For some of us the sea was calling...

I DID put on suncream, but on my feet????? I ended up with a twofaced foot.


For the next evening we slept in a kibbutz, a religious one, and was very well taen care of by our hosts.

The next day we decided to go to Ashkelon, a city further down south. It was a shock for me to see a sign with directions to Gaza.


When we came to Ashkelon we went to the beach to have our lunch there. In the evening we were quite tired so it was a natural option to go by bus back to Jerusalem.
Palm trees in Ashkelon

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar