1.Passport-control-lady:*looking at my passport* What is the purpose of your visit to Israel
2.Birgitte:I am with a christian youth exchange
1.-Are you with the group?
2.-eh...no?
1.-How long are you staying?
2.-Three months...
1.-Do you have a permit for this?
2.-No I don't. *Thinking: I was hoping YOU were gonna give it to me*
1.-You need to get a permit for this.*looking through my passport...giving me the 3 months tourist visa*
That was it.No interrogation, no nothing.So that went smoothly.However for my co-norwegian it did not go so well.she got one month.BLÆÆÆ!
My vacation in Norway was very nice. I got to catch up with friends and family, and I got a break from the situation here.
One thing I was longing to get back to was the weather here though...The winter in Norway is grusome, too cold.But very beautiful.
Before leaving one of my friends gave me a really sweet present. She had made a christmas calender for me, just for me, and she had really taken the time and effort to make it special. It is now on the frame of my bed, and according to tradition I open one "bag" every day.Thank you Marthe:)
All in all I had such a good time in Norway, but now it is time to focus on my time here.
I am again confronted with the reality here. It struck me already on monday when going to Jerusalem to meet up with a friend, and again having to cross the checkpoint.
It struck me again yesterday when crossing yet another time the awful checkpoint. Little girls should not grow up in such an enviroment where their mothers are barely let through.
One of my friends living in Jerusalem has just moved into the old city. I was so stunned by the view from her window, and I really envy her this. Offcourse I am so happy with the fact that we can go to the top of the bulding and look all the way to Jordan on clear days, and turn around and see Betlehem city. But it must be amazing to live in the old city and open your windom and see this.
Jerusalem; part of the wall around the old city.
Bethlehem is really getting ready for x-mas, and by the nativity square the lights are put up. I kind of got in the whole x-mas spirit.Nice.Another thing that definetely got my x-mas mood going was yesterday's movie; Martha and I watched the ultimate x-mas movie Love actually.
Man in Jerusalem
Hei Birgitte :-)
SvarSlettJeg følger med på bloggen din altså! Må si at du er fantastisk flink til å ta bilder!
Håper det går bra der nede, du var heldig med visumet ditt hvertfall!
Klem fra kalde, julerushpregede Oslo!
heihei Maria:)
SvarSlettJeg følger med på din og jeg:) Men jeg skal love å gi lyd fra meg.
Ja jeg var heldigere enn Martha iallefall.Men det ordner seg nok.
Kos deg masse i julen:)
klem