onsdag 17. desember 2008

I feel it in my fingers, I feel in in my toes.Christmas is all around us...

Christmas is around the corner.I do not really feel it in my toes or fingers though...Especially if I go to Jerusalem.We went yesterday and there are hardly any christmas cards, no decoration, no santa claus, no nothing. I know they don't celebrate it, but it doesn't make it less strange.
When I am in Bethlehem Christmas feels closer. But I know I will miss my norwegian christmas traditions. Well next year then....

Christmas in Bethlehem





Last week I went with a friend to a tour on top of the wall surrounding the old city. It is part of a "festival" they have these days to promote the city and to make the old part of Jerusalem more available at night. We went there in the evening, the tour started at nine.
It was a very beautiful experience, I generally like cities and places more in the night as they tend to become more spiritual in a way.

By Jaffa Gate


View from the wall




A jewish cemetary


We reached the other main entrance, the entrance to Al-haram Al-sharifالحرم الشريف, and to the wailing wall.


Jewish couple


Behind the Al-aqsa mosque


There was also an outside jazz concert around the area, so we sat down for a while to listen. The cold has reached Jerusalem as well, it was COLD there.



The next day we met up with Runa, and we went to a really cool place. It is on top of a big building in the old city, and one can see over parts of the old city from there. The food was very good as well.



D-vitamines


A couple of days ago Runa left. She could only stay 2-3 months, but it is so sad she left :( but that's life I guess....


For those of you reading here I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

1 kommentar:

  1. I love the pictures you made last week and am definetly going to steel them from you. this is the band playing tomorrow night:
    http://www.marshdondurma.com/. see you soon!

    SvarSlett