I stayed in Jerusalem to witness the celebraton that took place there last weekend.
It started VERY early in the morning, and for those who know me well Birgitte waking up at 0600 to go to a christian sermon doesn't really make sense. But I thought to myself that this would maybe be a once-in-a-lifetime experience so I sacrificied my sleep this special friday.
It started at the first station of Via Dolorosa(the road of Pain). Here there was a prayer and a part from the easter evangelium.
Early, eeeeeeearly....
Going from one station to another
There were several priests there from the USA, from Germany and from Palestine, and therefore the sermon was held in german, english and arabic.
A sleepy face among the ppl.
They went from station to station in Via Dolorosa, and each time a different part of the evangelium, and a different prayer. Each prayer was dedicated to a certain group that be the mentally ill, those suffering under occupation, under injustice, those whol are phisically ill, those who can not return to their place of origen etc...
I was pretty tired during the whole sermon, and I was SO grateful to finally reach the lutheran church and be able to sit down. This was a great reward for having walked the whole Via Dolorosa.
Although I am not a very religious girl, at least not according to how a christian girl should be, I felt that this was a very spiritual and beautiful experience. I am glad that I found the strength(haha) to get up so early for this, but I managed and it was worth it. Who knows when I will have the chance to do it another time...
I hope you all had a nice easter-celebration, perhaps a bit less religious I can imagine.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar