- There are no guns
- There are no checkpoints
- There are no soldiers(rarely)
- There is central heating
- There are no power cuts(rarely)
- There are bus schedules
- People say sorry when they accidentally bump into you
- There is no big 8 m concrete wall
- I can wear a miniskirt
- Drinking tea doesn't mean getting diabetes
- People don't stare, and if they do they look away when you look back
- You can find everything in one single place
- There are no settlers
- You can easily talk about something else than politics
- Language teachers don't tell you "you make break for coffe?" when you speak slowly
- You can actually find Ibrahim because he IS fil maktab
- You don't have to hear yahni and jalla every minut
- You can walk freely around without people noticing you
Then again I will never find as cheap falafel as here, good hummus is not so easy to find anywhere else, shopping is a ridiculously cheap experience, peple are not afraid to talk to strangers such as myself, history and religion is everywhere, the weather is fantastic, work colleauges go to the spa for team building and stress release, children are adorable, nature is such a beautiful contrast to what I am used and I can read the news paper when in the sea.
I feel already that this area has made such an impact on me for better and for worse, and I know I will miss it. I still have 3 months to go, I am greatful for that.
And I know it will be hard to get used to not seeing this every evening...This is my favourite time of the day.
On saturday we start a 10 days program where a group of internationals will be shown around in Palestine, they will learn about the conflict, and we will also plant over 1000 olive trees. We will plant in areas where trees have been uprooted or cut down. The areas are close to by pass roads or settlements, and the farmers face many difficulties in entering their land.
Trees ready to be planted
We will go to cities such as Ramallah, Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Hebron, and I am looking forward to meeting the group and to see Nune.
Today I am off to Tel Aviv. Martha will have her exam tomorrow at the norwegian embassy there, and her mother is also arriving today. I decided to come along for the ride. I will walk around in Jaffa, sit on the beach and soak in the sun and warm temperature. All my thoughts will go to those snow-and-freeeezingly-cold-temperature-victims when I am on the beach with over 20 degrees!!!
- Language teachers don't tell you "you make break for coffe?" when you speak slowly.
SvarSlett- I can wear i miniskirt.
det var jo 2 utrolig gode argumenter ? :P
Intern humor vettu:P
SvarSlettEr du min søte kusine Elin?
Jupp, that´s me :P
SvarSlett